Recognize text offline via OCR
In the current version of PDF24 Creator, text recognition via OCR is integrated. This allows you to recognize texts in scanned documents, attach the text information to the document and save the results as a PDF file. There you go:
- Install the latest PDF24 Creator and open the OCR Tool.
- Drag all your PDFs and images into the program where text is to be recognized by OCR.
- Adjust the settings if necessary.
- Start text recognition and wait for the results.
- Then save your files as PDF.
You can download the latest PDF24 Creator directly from this page. The software is free of charge and a multifunctional PDF tool.
Recognize text online via OCR
If you do not want to install any software or you need an online tool to quickly recognize text in a PDF via OCR, then the PDF24 online toolbox has the right tool for you. PDF24 offers you various free online PDF tools with which you can easily solve many PDF problems, and with one of them you can perform text recognition via OCR. This is how it works:
- Simply open the app with the link below.
- Load your PDF file via the corresponding file box in the app.
- Set up the text recognition using the possible parameters.
- Start the text recognition and wait for the result.
- Save your result as a PDF file.
The recognized text is added to your PDF as a text layer. Your PDF is searchable after text recognition. The parameters and options allow you to optimize your documents at the same time, e.g. to remove unattractive artifacts.