PDF24PDf does not work after XP computer reboot

Home Forums PDF24 Creator Installation PDF24PDf does not work after XP computer reboot

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    krasnit
    Participant

Hi Folks:
    The PDF24PDF virtual printer works fine immediately after installation. But once the computer is rebooted, I get document printing errors trying to print to it. To resolve that, I re-install PDF24PDF, and it immediately accepts the print job. Obviously I cannot install the app before every time I need to use it, or never turn off the computer....
    Any suggestions?

Windows XP 32 bit SP3, 1gb RAM
    Lexmark USB printer connected

pdf24

Can it be that the pdf24.exe is not running after reboot? This process is needed to handle the print jobs. Check if there is an autostart entry for that process.

krasnit
    Participant

Yes, it is in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE......RUN list.

pdf24

Hm ok, you can further check whether the is the print spooler service is disabled?

krasnit
    Participant

Spooler was always set on.

However, there is not much installed on this computer, which is devoted to running one programme written in VisualBasic 6.

To try another virtual printer I had to install .net Framework 4.0 first. I installed .net 4 but decided for fun to try out pdf24 again before installing the other virtual printer. Maybe it is unrelated, or maybe it is, but now pdf24 seems to work fine!

pdf24

Strange. Normally PDF24 don't need the .Net Framework. PDF24 is not written in .Net. It's entirely written in C++

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.