msi customization

Home Forums PDF24 Creator Installation msi customization

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mdeininger
    Participant

Is there a way, maybe through ORCA, that I can customize the msi file for GPO deployment and also get the benefit of using our company logo?

Thanks,

Michael

pdf24

Well yes, the MSI could be repackaged to customize the setup. ORCA should work, WIX should work to.

mdeininger
    Participant

I was looking at the .msi in ORCA and there are a few things that I need to change and can't find. I need to turn off auto update because the users do not have the rights to install on the system. The other option I need to locate is where do I tell it which information & file to use for the information for the customization page (logo and company info).

I looked at WIX however I am not versed in XML enough to not cause more of a mess then a solution.

I appreciate your assistance.

Michael

pdf24

Disabling auto update can be done with an setup argument. Please read this topic http://en.pdf24.org/forum/about874.html. There you can find all supported MSI setup arguments.

Currently I can't assist you in editing the MSI. This is not quite easy. You have to do it yourself.

Maybe we will add a new command line argument too load an alternative logo, but this is currently not supported.

It would be easier, if you use the current msi setup. Run the Setup with AUTOUPDATE=No

After installation copy a logo.bmp file to the install directory to change the default logo.

This is I think easier than changing the MSI file.

A small script could do the job.

mdeininger
    Participant

Thank you, I'll use the arguments path currently. The logo was a bonus, the software is great as it currently is, just jazzing it up a bit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.