Problems with Unicode

Home Forums PDF24 Online PDF Converter General Problems with Unicode

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    acrobat
    Participant

I put the PDF Converter box on my site, but the problem is that when I convert Georgian text to pdf, the output file shows blank spaces for Georgian characters. Is there any chance to correct that? Or the program does not support unicode?

pdf24

Unicode is supported, but it can be that we don't have a font installed which contains Georgian characters. I've installed a package.. hope this works now.

acrobat
    Participant

Unfortunately it does not work. It still displays spaces instead of characters. 🙁

Actually the font that is used for Georgian unicode is Sylfaen. It is not rare font, it is even present in standard Windows Package. It would be grate, if you could install this font too.

Thank in advance.

acrobat
    Participant

Any news?

pdf24

Currently i think there is a license problem with this font. I'll check that..

acrobat
    Participant

Currently i think there is a license problem with this font. I'll check that..

It's strange, because that font comes with standard Windows package (Windows XP and up).

I plan to put the convertor on my site, but since significant number of my visitors are Georgians, Georgian Unicode support is absolutely necessary.

It would be really nice, if you could install this font.

acrobat
    Participant

Any news about the font?

pdf24

The font is microsoft font. You have to license the font if you want to use the font outside windows for non private use.
    That a problem for us.

pdf24

Try.. i'have installed your recommended font..

acrobat
    Participant

Thanks. It works with this font.

Unfortunately it is not the same as standard sylfaen font that is included in windows package and majority of Georgian documents are prepared in this font.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.