Help with settings in program

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Help with settings in program

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    xtal_01
    Participant

Hello, I tried once but I I thought I would try again since I didn't have any replies the first time.

I just don't understand what I should put the settings at and I don't see a help function to explain them.

I want to archive some books I downloaded as PNG's. I want to be able to read these files 10 or 15 or 20 years from now. I still have information on floppy disk that can no longer be read as the programs don's exist any more.

Under the "general" tab .... the program gives me a choose of quality (easy, just pick "best"), but then I get the choose of 1.2 to 1.7, x-3, a-1b and a-2b. I have read the differences in them but I am not smart enough to know which to choose ... and why.

The next option they give me is color model ... RGB, CMYK or GRAY. Again, I read the difference between RGB (I read this is for monitors) and CMYK (from what I read for printers) ... but which do I choose for a PDF?

I can set the Color Conversion (none, RGB, CMYK or Gray) ... it is set to none ... don't even know what this is.

Finally, under a separate tab, I can set PNG (which is what I am converting to PDF) though I thought would come under the general settings .. don't understand why the separate tab. Here I can set the DPI (under best it goes to 150 ..... I was going to put it at 600) and I can set the colors(I have it set to the highest ... 24 bit). Does this just override the quality setting in the general tab/page?

Is there anyone I can have explain the best settings to put this at so I can archive these books?

Thanks so very much!

Mike

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.