PDF24 with references to Online features disabled

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General PDF24 with references to Online features disabled

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bkingston
    Participant

I'm a workstation engineer for a medium US company and we are looking to replace Acrobat X with a solution to meet compliance issues.

I've been looking at many different options, both free and commercial and have yet to evaluate anything that comes close to PDF24. However, the one issue that will be a problem getting PDF24 approved are the links to online PDF tools.
    This is a bit disappointing because everything else in PDF24 is a perfect fit for my requirements.

Would the developers of PDF24 be willing to discuss their requirements to help us with a release of PDF24 that would allow us to exclude these features during install like the Fax feature?

Thanks for your consideration.

pdf24

Hi,

you can already disable the link to the online PDF tools via a registry entry. The config is located under the PATH HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WOW6432Node/PDFPrint

Set the DWORD value NoOnlinePdfTools=1 to disable the link to the online PDF tools.

This option is available since version 8.0.0

bkingston
    Participant

Awesome thanks a lot for the info and the help.

Do you have a list of other registry keys and their support?

I have the following in my install framework
    Set-RegistryKey -Key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE$(If($is64bit){/WOW6432Node})/PDFPrint" -Name "NoOnlinePdfTools" -Value "1" -Type "DWord"
    Set-RegistryKey -Key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE$(If($is64bit){/WOW6432Node})/PDFPrint" -Name "NoTrayIcon" -Value "1" -Type "DWord"
    Set-RegistryKey -Key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE$(If($is64bit){/WOW6432Node})/PDFPrint" -Name "NoOnlineConverter" -Value "1" -Type "DWord"
    Set-RegistryKey -Key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE$(If($is64bit){/WOW6432Node})/PDFPrint" -Name "NoPDF24MailInterface" -Value "1" -Type "DWord"
    Set-RegistryKey -Key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE$(If($is64bit){/WOW6432Node})/PDFPrint" -Name "Nofax" -Value "1" -Type "DWord"
    Set-RegistryKey -Key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE$(If($is64bit){/WOW6432Node})/PDFPrint" -Name "NoCloudPrint" -Value "1" -Type "DWord"
    Set-RegistryKey -Key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE$(If($is64bit){/WOW6432Node})/PDFPrint" -Name "UpdateMode" -Value "0" -Type "DWord"
    Set-RegistryKey -Key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE$(If($is64bit){/WOW6432Node})/PDFPrint" -Name "UpdateInfoURL" -Value "" -Type "String"
    Set-RegistryKey -Key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE$(If($is64bit){/WOW6432Node})/PDFPrint" -Name "UpdateCheckURL" -Value "" -Type "String"
    Set-RegistryKey -Key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE$(If($is64bit){/WOW6432Node})/PDFPrint" -Name "LogoClickUrl" -Value "" -Type "String"
    Set-RegistryKey -Key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE$(If($is64bit){/WOW6432Node})/PDFPrintServicesPDF" -Name "AutoSaveDir" -Value "" -Type "String"

pdf24

The registry keys of the PDF24 Creator are currently not well documented. We will improve that later.

Here are the registry keys to enable/disable specific components of the PDF24 Creator:

NoFaxProfile (DWORD) [0|1]
    NoTwainImport (DWORD) [0|1]
    NoCloudPrint (DWORD) [0|1]
    NoFax (DWORD) [0|1]
    NoPDF24MailInterface (DWORD) [0|1]
    NoEmbeddedBrowser (DWORD) [0|1]
    NoShellContextMenuExtension (DWORD) [0|1]
    NoOnlinePdfTools (DWORD) [0|1]
    NoOnlineConverter (DWORD) [0|1]
    NoTrayIcon (DWORD) [0|1]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.