Forced update check

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Forced update check

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lou
    Participant

The application has 3 settings regarding updates. However no matter what I chose when I close and reopen the preferences window the "automatic update" setting is always chosen. It does not save my preference. This has been happening for many versions now but it wasn't always the case. It is a bug that needs to be addressed.

pdf24

I can't see any problems here. I've tested the settings and I can switch between the 3 options and regardless what I enable, the setting gets applied. The update settings are working correctly for me.

justgold
    Participant

Yep. lou is right.

Close and reopen the preferences window the "automatic update" setting is always chosen. It does not save my preference too. (Tested)

-PDF24 Ver. : 8.1.4

Cheers.

pdf24

Hm, OK good to know. I'll investigate this.

lou
    Participant

Two months and several versions later this is still not fixed. I'd think that this is an easy bug to fix. Unless it's a feature...

Not that it matters that much. My firewall takes care of apps that have no business going on line.

pdf24

Sorry, we can't reproduce this issue on our test machines. Could it be, that the settings app can not write to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WOW6432Node/PDFPrint?

You could monitor this with an monitoring app. The UpdateMode value stores the update mode.

lou
    Participant

The app can just that value just fine.
    I manually set it to 1. I go into the settings and "Notify..." is selected. Without changing the value I just click OK. The value has now been changed to 0.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.