Empty PDF's when joining

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General Empty PDF's when joining

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    juan i.
    Participant

Hi all,

I tested PDF24 to join several PDF's with right-click, and I liked it a lot.
    I have installed it in several PC's, but in some of them the result of the join is an empty PDF, I mean, a white page for each PDF I tried to join.

I have found the problem occurs when extracting pages: to debug the problem I try to extract pages interactively from the main interface, and when opening the original PDF file (for example, a 30 pages one) only shows one white page.

It occurs only with some PDF's but I have not found any relation between the PDF version and the error. In fact, in some PC's the same PDF's are joined properly.

I would appreciate any help, because I really like this tool, but otherwise I will have to look for other solution.

Thank you very much.

PDF24 Version 8.1.0 , Windows7 64, Acrobat Reader XI, ...

Juan I.
    Spain

pdf24

Hi,

here are some questions, that would help us to find the problem:

What are the differences between the PC's?
    Is there any security software installed?

You could try to open the debug console with F12. Some GUI's provide that feature and then you can do the task which leads to the error. The console should show the outputs and maybe the error.

You can send me the outputs to forum@pdf24.org and you can send test files as well so that I can analyse a bit.

You can also try our online PDF file joiner if you have problems with somes file. Here we use an other software, that is doing really good when it comes to merging pdfs.

frmg
    Participant

Same issue here.

Security software: Avast Business

When i try merge pdfs the PDF24 show only a blank page in file created 🙁

pdf24

Does your file name or file path or windows user name contains umlauts? That could be a reason.

juan i.
    Participant

Hi all,

Finally I found the reason of this problem yesterday.

In my case, the problem occurs when the path containing files I want to join, has a "Ñ" (spanish character) as part of any folder. It happens with some other non international characters too. It's difficult to identify the problem, because you don't receive any error code: only a blank page document is generated without giving an error.

Thank you for the support of PDF24's team, who has tried to help me asking for debug logs and samples.

It's a very very usefull tool, I will keep on using.

Juan I.

pdf24

These issues will be fixed with the next bugfix release at the beginning of the next week.

pdf24

Please use the PDF24 Creator 8.1.1 which has been released today.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.