PDF24 v8.0.1 Compression Issue

Home Forums PDF24 Creator General PDF24 v8.0.1 Compression Issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    2fast4u
    Participant

Hi,
    I've been using the PDF Compress tool in v7.9.0 with no issue.
    I juts upgraded to v8.0.1, and the PDF file size are increased multiple times, instead of decreased. This happens on the exact same files that worked for the older version.

pdf24

Hi,

can you send me your file to forum@pdf24.org, so that I can analyse this issue? Do you get the same results with our online PDF compression tool?

2fast4u
    Participant

It's happening with almost any file I put through it, not a specific file.
    I will email the screenshots.

pdf24

Hmm, I can't reproduce it. The compression tool from version 8.0.1 compresses well on my computer. Therefore I asked for other test files so that I can compare your results with my results.

2fast4u
    Participant

I did a little digging. It looks like it's mostly happening with scanned documents, all other docs seam ok.
    I can't send you any of the past documents, as they all contain sensitive information. I will try to get a sample document for you.

hobbit mage
    Participant

Hello!
    Get this issue in 8.1.0, upgraded to 8.2.1, but it still happens.

Full situation as I done some digging:
    scan from HP M725 LaserJet Enterprise MFP to PDF (1.4) or PDF/A format as image (not-searchable) one page with text is like 80 kb size.

Saving from PDF24 Creator with default parameters or with PDF24 Compress results in 213 kb file with same quality.

Changing quality results in smaller files with bad image quality.

I'll send sample files with parameters I've used to email forum@pdf24.org from my work address in next half hour.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.