Could Not Create Temporary File / Can't Use PDF24

Home Forums PDF24 Creator Installation Could Not Create Temporary File / Can't Use PDF24

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rvanvreede
    Participant

I have used PDF24 Creator successfully for over a year. However, I recently uninstalled and re-installed the latest version. Now everytime I bring up PDF24 creator and click on a PDF to print, I get a message:

Could Not Create Temporary File (and it displays its location).

PDF24 is currently unusable. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Is anyone else having this problem. Please help. Thanks

pdf24

Check the folder, check whether files/folders can be created inside that folder. Could be wrong rights or a missing temp folder.

rvanvreede
    Participant

The path it displays is: C:\Users\Desktop\Local\Temp\PDF24\1415365055_...

This is not the location of my Temporary Internet File Folder. I went in and created a Local > Temp> PDF24 and it doesn't make any difference.

If I click on the PDF24 printer to see what's printing, it shows the file in the queue.

Also, when I bring up PDF Creator and click on a PDF, it displays:

An error occurred while creating a document.
    Reason:

The reason is blank.

I have no idea what is going on here.

bulkakhleba007
    Participant

The problem is that PDF24 creates a new user to access the folder with temporary files. And this user does not have rights to write or change data.

Solution - run PDF24 as administrator.

Also, as an alternative, you can give rights to write and change data to the user created by PDF24 (by going to this folder - clicking "properties" - then go to the "security" tab - "advanced" - "change rights").

I have tried both methods and both methods work.

Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.