Password Protect the PDF

Home Forums PDF24 Creator Customization Password Protect the PDF

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tfitz999
    Participant

Hi,
    Using the PDF Print program, is there a way to have the PDF file password protected (either by zipping with a password or some other way) before attaching to the email?

I would be willing to pay for this feature.

Thanks,
    Tom

pdf24

Click the save as button and create a custom profile there. There you can also set a password for the file. After you have created a custom profile you can select that one via the profile selection box. Select your profile and click the email button. You custom profile will then be applied and your PDF in the email will be password protected.

peter_s_nl
    Participant

I've tried several times to protect a PDF with a password.
    I checked the checkbox to protect a PDF with a password; typed the password and then Continue.
    The PDF will be stored om my disk and when I double click it will open without asking a password.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I've read the instruction several times and I don't know what is going wrong.

Peter

pdf24

Please enter the user password. There are two password fields. The first one is to encrypt the file and to apply the file permissions and second one has to be entered to open the file.

peter_s_nl
    Participant

I did exactly what you described, but still I could open the generated PDF form without password.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.