Disable Features on PDF 24 version 5.7.0

Home Forums PDF24 Creator Installation Disable Features on PDF 24 version 5.7.0

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dmak
    Participant

Since I have uploaded a custom image, it looks like I have to install PDF 24 Creator using the EXE file instead of the MSI.

I was looking at the installation switches and was able to successfully install the product silently. However, is there a way to disable the following features on PDF 24 version 5.7.0:

1) Remove the tray icon
    2) Remove any link to the settings
    3) Remove any link to search for updates (I used the /NOUPDATE switch, but the options are still there in the tray icon and main menu when doing a print to PDF)

pdf24

The setup generator only creates exe files. The MSI version can't currently be created by that tool. You can also use the MSI version for installation. After an installation, copy a logo.bmp file into the install dir. That image will then be used within the application.

Links to the setup can't be removed. Update search feature is also accessible by the user, also if updates are disables. Disabling updates means disabling the auto updater but updater can be executed manually.

The application checks, whether the user can install the update or not. If the user belogs to the administrator group, update is possible and if not, the update can't be installed. The update itself needs admin rights to be installed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.